Apr 4, 2015 (Los Angeles, CA)
When & Where:
- Saturday, April 4, 2015, in sha Allah
- 10:30am to 5:00pm
- University of Southern California
- By invitation only. Apply to attend.
- M. Hasna Maznavi (Women’s Mosque)
- Sumaya Abubaker (USC Center for Religion and Civic Culture)
- Sohaib Baig (PhD student, History, UCLA)
- Kareem El Sayed (Trailblazer Uprising)
- Emil Ihsan-Alexander Torabi (Islamic Meditation)
- Mariam Al-Kalby (author of 2 children’s books)
- Margari Hill (Cofounder of Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative)
- Sarah Jawaid (Community Organizer, LA Voice, artist)
- Youssef Chouhoud (USC, MuslimMatters)
- Sayed Mahdi Al-Qazwini (imam)
- Heather Laird-Jackson (Muslims and Mental Health)
- Jamaal Diwan (Safa Center)
- Meymuna Hussein-Cattan (Tiyya)
Fishbowl Group Discussions:
- Should American Muslims develop and deploy countering violent extremism (CVE) strategies in partnership with law enforcement? If so, under what parameters? If not, what are the problems with such strategies?
- Should we be heading in a more socially liberal or conservative direction? What are the ramifications?